Grab a hard hat & tool belt!
Building on a foundation that lasts
August 9 – 12, 2021
What is VBS?
Who is VBS for?
VBS is for kids going into Pre-K (4 yrs) to 5th graders. We know you’ll want to send your toddlers but we’ve learned that it’s a little overwhelming for them in this environment. Youth can volunteer like an adult volunteer. Email Jay at email@example.com to volunteer.
what is the cost?
When is VBS?
VBS is Monday through Thursday, August 9 – 12 from 9 AM to NOON. We also have a FAMILY & FRIENDS party on that Thursday evening from 6 – 8 PM. We provide the hamburgers/hot dogs and drinks, and ask families to bring some sides. You’ll get to sign up during VBS week.
This Year’s VBS Experience
Philippians 1:6 “I am sure of this, that he who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
building on the love of jesus.
Day 1: Foundation of Love | Matthew 9:9-13
Day 2: Foundation of Forgiveness | Acts 26:1-29
Day 3: Foundation of Worth and Promise | John 15:13
Day 4: Foundation for Life | Matthew 7:24-29
This Year's Theme Song
This Year's Mission Project Item Collection Charity Outreach
Every year at VBS, we collect particular items and donate them to local partners and organizations.
This year we are collecting new Twin Bed Sheet Set (fitted sheet, flat sheet, pillow case), Pillows, Bath Towels, and Socks. They will be donated to North Star Family Services in Leominster.
- North Star Family Services is an emergency shelter that assists five families simultaneously in a community living/group environment.
- Families share all common area spaces such as kitchen, living room, dining room, bathrooms, laundry room, playroom, lawn and playgrounds.
- Each family is assigned a private, locking bedroom which is tastefully decorated and beds for each family member. Each room is individually climate controlled.
- The shelter is run as a community setting where every family and staff member share the responsibility of cleaning by completing daily chores and building upkeep.
- Meals, groceries and milk are provided on a daily basis and stored in community refrigerators and in kitchen cabinets. Additionally, each family has an individual, dorm style fridge exclusively to use for their family.
Will There Be Capacity Limits?
Although we don’t want to turn anyone away and although there are no mandated capacity limits, our facilities can best accommodate 120 kids plus volunteers. If you’d like to volunteer (7th grade and up, please email Pastor Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Are Masks Required?
We have maintained a policy to follow the state’s guidance and currently no masks will be mandated. You are welcome to have your child/ren wear a mask if you prefer. And as we’ve seen this past year, things could change.
What Kind of Snacks Are Served?
We typically provide a small themed based snack that include items such as crackers, fruit, marshmallows, etc. We don’t serve nuts and can make other arrangements for allergies. Please let us know when signing up.
Are the Volunteers CORI'd?
All of our adult volunteers are CORI and SORI checked with state and national agencies. There are always at least 2 adults working together. Our teenagers also serve alongside the adults. Because of their age, teenagers do not undergo CORI or SORI checks.