In case you still didn’t know, Vacation Bible Spectacular is NEXT WEEK! The church staff and the VBS staff are both super excited!! You can SEE the decorations that are already up in the lobby and the Kids Connect wing, but there are some things you might not know about VBS because not everyone can see them. This year, we’re teaching kids that they can discover the God of the universe even though they can’t see Him. I thought I’d connect to that theme and share with you my top 5 favorite things about VBS as the director that maybe you can’t see…
- I love seeing members of my church family (who I usually just get to see on Sundays) 4 days in a row and the feeling of unity we have as we come together for a great missional cause!
- I love the energy in the church as it’s full of kids every morning who are so excited to be here!!! Their energy gives us energy and makes the whole week feel like a blast! Most of us truly feel sad when it’s over.
- I love that the message of the Gospel truly comes alive for the kids who are here.
- I love that the whole church gets decorated thematically-it makes it really feel like something special is happening!
- I love the music and dance moves! The songs are so fun and are a way that we get to keep the memory of a fantastic week alive!
~ Blast-Off Bethany