I appreciate the strong positive feedback on last weeks sermon and grateful that God has gotten the attention of so many of us regarding prayer. I thought I would throw some fuel on that fire and hopefully enlarge your appetite for prayer by providing a few quotes about prayer.
- “Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.” – Max Lucado
- “There are parts of our calling, works of the Holy Spirit, and defeats of the darkness that will come no other way than through furious, fervent, faith-filled, unceasing prayer.” – Beth Moore
- “Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?” – Corrie ten Boom
- “True prayer is neither a mere mental exercise nor a vocal performance. It is far deeper than that – it is spiritual transaction with the Creator of Heaven and Earth.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “God is looking for people to use, and if you can get usable, he will wear you out. The most dangerous prayer you can pray is this: ‘Use me.'” – Rick Warren
- “Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.” – Mother Teresa
- “To get nations back on their feet, we must first get down on our knees.” – Billy Graham
- This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. – 1 John 5:14-15
- The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16
See you Sunday as we continue our journey of learning to pray like Jesus.