- Thursday | October 5, 2017 to Thursday | May 31, 2018
- 6:00 pm
- 35 Chocksett Rd. Sterling, MA 01564
Starting from 6-8pm on Thursday October 5th, 2017, and every other Thursday thereafter, we will provide free tutoring, SAT prep, and mentoring to students in math and science. Our mission is to support the growth of students toward academic excellence, whether they are struggling to pass their courses in school, or are excelling in their classes and seek to be challenged to their full potential.
Our volunteers are from the community and represent professionals and college students, including:
- an MD/PhD Associate Professor of Medicine at UMass Medical School
- a Senior Program Manager at Draper Laboratory in Cambridge, MA
- a graduate student at WPI who directs the campus tutoring center for math and science
- an Assistant Vice President at Leominster Credit Union and former high school math teacher
- a PhD Professor of Psychology at Fitchburg State University and expert in the psychology of learning
- others such as high school teachers, college students, and professionals in the community
We will match students with tutors depending on their specific needs, from homework help to test prep, advanced conceptual understanding, and career mentorship. While these tutoring services will be provided in our church facilities, we will not have any scheduled religious outreach during the program. The students and their families will of course be welcome to attend our other services to learn more, which include youth group, Sunday services, and others.
Fall Semester: 10/5, 10/19, 11/2, 11/16, 11/30, 12/14
Spring Semester: 1/11, 1/25, 2/8, 3/8, 3/22, 4/5, 4/19, 5/3, 5/17, 5/31
We do hope that you will partner with us to get the word out to students and their parents that we are here to serve them, and help them recognize the tremendous opportunities that await them after graduation. We will seek your feedback as well, to improve our offerings and better understand the needs of your students.
John E. Harris, Director