ACE at Hope Chapel
(Academic Center of Excellence)
Starting from 6-8pm on Thursday January 19th, 2017, and every other Thursday thereafter, we will provide free tutoring, SAT prep, and mentorship to students in math and science. Our mission is to support the growth of students toward academic excellence, whether they are struggling to pass their courses in school, or are excelling in their classes and seek to be challenged to their full potential.
Our volunteers are from the community and represent professionals and college students, including:
- an MD/PhD Associate Professor of Medicine at UMass Medical School
- a Senior Program Manager at Draper Laboratory in Cambridge, MA
- a graduate student at WPI who directs the campus tutoring center for math and science
- an Assistant Vice President at Leominster Credit Union and former high school math teacher
- a PhD Professor of Psychology at Fitchburg State University and expert in the psychology of learning
- others such as high school teachers, college students, and professionals in the community
We will match students with tutors depending on their specific needs, from homework help to test prep, advanced conceptual understanding, and career mentorship. We are requesting that students or their parents communicate their interest by signing up for a 2 month Block (4 sessions) at a time, during which we will have consistent participation by tutors, which will allow continuity for the students.
- Block 1: January-February, on 1/19, 2/2, 2/16, 3/2.
- Block 2: March-April, on 3/16, 3/30, 4/13, and 4/27.
- Block 3: May-June, on 5/11, 5/25, 6/8, and 6/22.
Contact Co-Directors of the program John Harris & Pastor Ken Hall